Sunday, May 2, 2010

The progress of Gracie

I had my doubts that Gracie would survive her first winter as a feral because, like Gwen, she was born late in the year (summer of 2008). Then she got a really bad cold, and then her right eye got sick and/or injured. I finally rescued her and got her in out of the cold. When I moved office for the second time in a year, I put her outside where Pushkin had been, living in upside-down stacked canoes. But then I brought her inside for good, and I'm so glad I did. For being born feral, Gracie proved as tame as it gets. I took this photo near the end of my trip to the US last year, when I took Gracie and her pal Elvis to Erie, PA. Now they live with my brother and his wife (and their son Evan, and the cat Biddie).

You can see from this photo how much better her eye had got by that time, after living inside, out of the cold and getting an eye operation to reduce the damage. She actually has some sight restored now. That is the sort of progress in the right direction that we all need sometimes.

Like Elvis Gracie has the distinction of successfully living in both the Dining Hall Troop and the Swimming Pool Gang (only in the reverse order of Elvis).


No comments:

Post a Comment

SATOYA BOSHU NET

いつでも里親募集中

緊急災害時動物救援本部

緊急災害時動物救援本部

Tohoku Dog and Cat Rescue

Babe the amazing fetching cat!

RETURN TO FRONT

RETURN TO FRONT
Go back to the front page of We are Feral Cats by clicking on dreaming Elvis.