Monday, May 3, 2010

Another collage of Babe

Babe is the cat that is staying in the office until I can find him a better home. He had spent 4 months with Pongo in the office. But Pongo moved to his new family in March this year.

As it turns out, Babe is the one cat you don't want to leave alone for long. He is a domestic 'mixed' cat, most likely born feral and lived the first 3 months of his life like that. This has made him very shy around new people--he will actually panic if someone he doesn't know visits the office. On the other hand, he recognizes people he knows by the way they knock on the door, and he doesn't panic at all when he recognizes the knock.

Babe's personality most closely matches the 'Oriental breed'. He loves to play and really enjoys the company of both cats and humans as his playmates. This also means he very quickly gets bored and depressed if left alone for very long. I felt Pongo was the best choice to go to a family with children, and I still feel this was a good decision. However, Babe loves to play even more than Pongo does, so I wonder if Babe might not have worked out even better, even though it would probably take him longer to get used to a new environment and the new people in his life.

I love having Babe as my office mate, but I know that being left by himself when I go home at night is causing him stress. So I hope I can find him an attentive owner very soon. Perhaps if someone has a young female cat also given to boredom if left alone and wants a playful friend. That would probably be the best situation for Babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SATOYA BOSHU NET

いつでも里親募集中

緊急災害時動物救援本部

緊急災害時動物救援本部

Tohoku Dog and Cat Rescue

Babe the amazing fetching cat!

RETURN TO FRONT

RETURN TO FRONT
Go back to the front page of We are Feral Cats by clicking on dreaming Elvis.