Saturday, April 2, 2011

News about the famous 'Cat Island' (Tashirojima) which was isolated after the earthquake-tsunami disaster in NE Japan

I sent this note to Nohl Rosen of Cat Galaxy Media and thought I would share it here on my cat blog:

----------------------------

They have re-connected parcel service delivery to the Cat Island, and the 350 people and 100 cats (and 3 dogs) have requested, rice, retort pouch food (I was thinking US Army MREs would be ideal to send if I could get a hold of some), and dry cat and dog food. I guess with 100 cats, they need quite a bit. But the catch is, there are restrictions--1/3 of every shipment can be for animals, but 2/3s has to be designated for humans.

I thought about contacting the one NPO there and asking if I could send them something I ordered from Amazon Japan or Rakuten or Yoyo market and have it shipped by Yamato. Yamato, you will love this, is known as Kuroneko Takkyubin--Blackcat Delivery!

----------------------------
The blog page with details about how and what to send--and the restrictions--is here: 



My idea is to contact the NPO that helps to run the place and see if they could use a shipment of cat food. Overseas shipments of pet food are problematic because you need an importing license for commercial purposes to do this (and many large pet food companies have distributors here in Japan). However, I plan to mailorder at Amazon Japan or Rakuten or Yoyo Market (which can supply from Costco Japan). 

The NPO's information is here: 


NPO法人 ひょっこりひょうたん田代島 (NPO Hyokkori Hyoutan Tashirojima)
〈事務局〉(Office)
〒986-0023 宮城県石巻市大字田代浜字仁斗田38番地
(Azazushi Hakaruta Banchi 38, Ooaza Tashirohama,  Ishinomaki City, Miyagi Prefecture 986-0023)
TEL 0225-21-4123
FAX 0225-21-4122
E-Mail tasirojima@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

SATOYA BOSHU NET

いつでも里親募集中

緊急災害時動物救援本部

緊急災害時動物救援本部

Tohoku Dog and Cat Rescue

Babe the amazing fetching cat!

RETURN TO FRONT

RETURN TO FRONT
Go back to the front page of We are Feral Cats by clicking on dreaming Elvis.